East Region Sports
Click on RED links throughout site:
Grant Opland, Sr. Manager of Sports and Competition, East Region
Luke Wall, Sr. Manager of Development and Area Services, East Region
GENERAL INFORMATION and FORMS:
FALL SEASON REGISTRATION link SPORTS INCLUDE: Flag Football / Volleyball / Basketball / Cycling
REGISTRATION HOTLINE: 206-681-9378
- September Calendar
- October Calendar
- November Calendar
- Return to Play Timeline
- COVID-19 Resources
- Coaches Checklist for In Person Participation
- For Coaches-Requirements and Education
- In-Person Participation Application
2020-2021 Winter Season – moved to VIRTUAL!
Special Olympics Washington Status Update
October 16, 2020
Based on guidance we are receiving from the CDC, local health authorities and community partners,
the 2021 Winter Season will not include region- and state-level competitions.
Special Olympics Washington is re-assessing our “Return to Play” phase plan to determine if and how
we might allow participants to safely gather in small groups within their own communities. This has
not yet been decided. Any changes will come from your Area Director.
A decision for the 2021 Spring season events will be determined in February 2021. Area Directors will
be updated and will inform the rest of their Area.
FYI: A variety of exciting “competitive options” will be available during our upcoming VIRTUAL WINTER SEASON! The season begins on January 4, 2021 – sign up is scheduled to go live on November 30th.
2021 Spring Season (March 8th – June 6th)
Key Spring Season Dates:
- Spring Season Kickoff: Monday, March 8th, 2021
- Pre-Season Registration Due: March 17th, 2021
- Final Registration for Swimming & Athletics: April 6th, 2021
- Final Registration for Soccer & Powerlifting: April 20th, 2021
- State Registration & Final Registration for Cycling Due: May 11th, 2021
- 2021 Spring State Games: June 4th – 6th at PLU, KCAC, & JBLM!
2021 Summer Season (June 7th – August 22nd)
Key Summer Season Dates:
- Summer Season Kickoff: Monday, June 7th, 2021
- Pre-Season Registration Due: June 16th, 2021
- Final Registration for Bocce, Softball & Golf: July 7th, 2021
- State Registration Due: August 3rd, 2021
- 2021 Summer State Games: August 20th – August 22nd in Everett!
2021 Fall Season (August 23rd – November 22nd)
Key Fall Season Dates:
- Fall Season Kickoff: Monday, August 23rd, 2021
- Pre-Season Registration Due: September 1st, 2021
- Final Registration for Flag Football & Volleyball: September 29th, 2021
- Final Registration for Bowling: October 6th, 2021
- Final Registration for Gymnastics: October 20th, 2021
- State Registration Due: November 3rd, 2021
- 2021 Fall State Games: November 19th – November 21st in the Tri-Cities!
2021-2022 Winter Season
Key Winter Season Dates:
- Winter Season Kickoff: Monday, November 22nd, 2021
- Pre-Season Registration Due: December 1st, 2021
EAST REGION 2020 COACH OF THE YEAR:
Sandy Fromdahl – Southeast Area