Welcome to the Athlete Registration page! This page will give you more information on the forms required for 1) current athletes whose registration forms have expired and 2) new athletes to participate in our in-person programming.
Please Note: For the 2021 summer season (July 19 – September 6), we are excited to share that we will be offering limited in-person participation that will enable teams and programs to practice in small groups. Teams must pre-register and are limited to the number of coaches that are signed up, therefore we may or may not have an opening for you on the team of your choice.
Summer season registration for teams and coaches closes Monday, June 28. For athletes interested in participating in the summer season, please complete our summer season interest form and you will be placed on a waiting list. If you are a new athlete or a current athlete with expired registration forms, you must also complete the registration packet below to participate in the summer season. We are working diligently to connect athletes with teams and will inform athletes in June.
If you have more questions about summer season, completing the online interest form or the athlete registration process, please call our Athlete Hotline: (206) 681-9362. We can also send you a hard copy of the registration forms, just let us know at the same number above!
ATHLETE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Steps to becoming a Special Olympics Washington Athlete:
- Complete the registration packet below.
- Team placement: You might already have a program/team or need to be placed with one. Please list your program/team’s name or indicate that you need a team on your registration form on the ‘Program/Team’ line.
- Connect with a coach: We will directly connect you with your coach via email and/or phone so you can get more information on where your first practice will be located!
- First practice: Be sure to provide your paperwork to your coach before practice or bring it with you to your first practice! Your paperwork is key to your participation.
- Have fun and let us know if you have any questions!
ATHLETE REGISTRATION PACKET
The registration packet includes all the items listed below:
- Instructional Cover Letter: Includes a checklist of the forms within the packet and more information on how to complete the forms and where to send the completed registration packet.
- Registration Form (page 1): This form asks for contact and other important information.
- Medical Form (page 2-4): This form asks for medical history and requires a doctor’s exam or physical.
- Release Form (page 5): This form goes over risks, use of likenesses, emergency medical care, consent for health program participation, personal information, and other important details.
ATHLETE MEDICAL FORM
The revised medical form collects information in two parts:
- The Health History is the first two pages and is completed by the athlete, parent or guardian prior to the exam. The health history is important for two reasons: (a) to have medical information on hand during training and competition, in case of a medical emergency; and (b) to ensure that the physician is informed of the athlete’s health history when performing the exam.
- The Medical Exam is the third page and is completed by a licensed health professional who is qualified to conduct physical exams and prescribe medications. The medical exam page indicates if the athlete has been cleared by a health professional to participate in Special Olympics sports. If an athlete requires further examination due to a concerning health issue before clearance can be determined, a referral form is available on the fourth page. Customization of this form is not permitted.
If you need more information or guidance on how to complete the medical form, you can find that here.
Athlete Registration Packet in English:
- Athlete Registration Packet (PDF) (Includes all forms needed for participation)
Athlete Registration Packet in Other Languages:
- Spanish | Versión en español-Necesita ambos formularios: Formulario A | Formulario B
- Correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese | 中文版-您需要两种形式 表单 A | 表格 B
- 将已完成的表格发送到 email@example.com
- French | Français Verison-Vous avez besoin des deux formulaires Formulaire A | Formulaire B
- Envoyer le formulaire rempli à firstname.lastname@example.org
ATHLETE SUPPLEMENTAL FORMS
Medical Referral Form
This form should only be completed if physician does not clear athlete in the initial medical exam and indicates further evaluation is required. Athlete should bring Athlete Registration Form that was completed by their primary care doctor to the specialist for review. The Athlete Registration Form and the Medical Referral Form are both required and must be signed and submitted to your coach.
Atlanto-Axial Instability (AAI) Special Release Form
This form should only be completed if symptoms of spinal cord compression or Atlanto-axial instability were found in a pre-participation examination and a doctor then provided clearance for participation following a neurological evaluation on page 4 of the medical form.
Emergency Medical Care Refusal Form
The Emergency Medical Care Refusal Form (formerly called the Religious Objections Form) should only be completed if an athlete or legal guardian does not consent to emergency medical care on religious or other grounds and has marked the box under the Emergency Care provision on the Athlete Release Form.
- Medical Referral Form (English; PDF)
- AAI Special Release Form (PDF): Chinese | English | French | Russian | Spanish
- Medical Care Refusal – Athlete Signature (PDF): Chinese | English | French | Russian | Spanish
- Medical Care Refusal – Parent/Guardian Signature (PDF): Chinese | English | French | Russian | Spanish
Please submit questions to email@example.com.