We love our volunteers! Special Olympics Washington would not exist today, nor be as successful as it is, without the thousands of volunteers who dedicate their time, talents, energy and especially their enthusiasm to making the world a more inclusive and accepting place.
Special Olympics Washington volunteers are fundamental to every program and event across the state. Volunteer opportunities range from coaching and program management positions to event volunteers. There is a place for everyone!
Depending on the role, volunteers in some of the ongoing roles may be required to go through training and a background check process – this will be indicated in the service description and application.
To volunteer at events, register using the event applications located on the Volunteer at Events page.
Volunteer Updates & Announcements
**Check back soon!**
General Volunteer Guidelines and Information
- Youth volunteers between ages 11 – 13 may volunteer with a parent or adult guardian.
- Teen volunteers between ages 14 – 17 may volunteer in select roles.
- Does your school require you to volunteer a certain number of hours? We’d be happy to verify your hours upon completion or sign paperwork provided to us.
- Volunteer as an individual, or better yet, volunteer with a friend, neighbor, or family member. Large groups are also welcome so recruit your co-workers, faith community or members of your organization!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on volunteer opportunities for your group and instructions on how to register.
- Did you know that your volunteer hours can lead to a donation to Special Olympics Washington?
- Many companies will match the hours you volunteer with a financial contribution to an organization.
- To see if your organization participates and for more information, click here!
Class A Volunteers
- Class A volunteers work more closely with our athletes and teams in roles such as Chaperones, Assistant Coaches and Head Coaches.
- Or in their role as an Administrative Volunteer, they may handle confidential/sensitive paperwork.
- These volunteers will be required to complete a background check, and in some cases, a Protective Behaviors online session and quiz. Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through the requirements.