Listed below is a complete resource guide for coaches. Everything from the Special Olympics handbook and fundraising forms to volunteer and roster forms. If you don’t see what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact Special Olympics Washington (link to contact page) and someone will get back to you soon.
PDF forms can be filled out electronically and then emailed or printed then mailed or faxed to Special Olympics. Forms requiring a signature must be printed, signed and then mailed, faxed ore emailed.
Article 1 Rules
Coaches Code of Conduct
Athlete Centered Coaching Guide
Principles of Special Olympics Coaching
Coaching Special Olympics Athletes Online Course
Protective Behaviors Training
Sports Entry Forms:
Sports Administration Forms:
List of approved SOWA Continuing Education Courses:
Each Special Olympics Program is able to utilize the following courses, or design and personalize a variety of training formats to meet the needs of coaches with varying backgrounds, as long as the standards and competencies are achieved.
- Special Olympics Sports Specific Skills Course Level II, III
- Special Olympics Principles of Coaching Course
- Coaching Special Olympics Athletes Course
- Special Olympics Train the Trainer (Become a Sports Specific Trainer)
- Officials Training; Rules Updates
- Special Olympics Unified Sports Course
- Education Updates [New Training Techniques; Safety Issues; Inappropriate Techniques, etc.]
- National Governing Body Courses; other sports organizations’ coaching courses
- Other Special Olympics headquarters approved coaching courses • Positive Coaching Alliance Courses – Prior Approval