Upcoming Signature Events
State Spring Games: June 9-11
Hundreds of volunteers are still needed to support more than 2,000 athletes and coaches at our upcoming State Spring Games. Venues for the games include:
- Pacific Lutheran University (Tacoma) | Opening Ceremony, Athletics (Track & Field), Soccer, Victory Dance, Healthy Athletes Screenings
- King County Aquatic Center (Federal Way) | Swimming
The minimum age to volunteer is 11 so this is a great opportunity for families to volunteer together. Youth ages 11-13 must volunteer with a parent/chaperone, while teens ages 14-17 may volunteer on their own but in select roles.
To register as an individual, please go to https://sowa2023statespringgames.my-trs.com/ . Want to volunteer as a team or group? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find the perfect spot and details on how to register.
Following are the areas of greatest need:
Friday, June 9
- Support Services at PLU: Crossing guards, parking control, passenger drop off assistance – provide safety for our athletes arriving for the Opening Ceremony. Shifts begin at 4:30 pm.
- Set Up at PLU: Assist with set up of venues. Physical activity. Shift 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, includes lunch.
Saturday, June 10
- Swimming: Timers and marshals (stage and escort the athletes) especially needed. Primarily All-Day (7:45 am-6:00 pm) and PM (12:30-6:00 pm) shifts needed.
- Athletics (Track & Field): Marshals and field events most in need. Times vary by role but approximately AM (7:00 am-12:00 pm), PM (11:30 am-4:00 pm), or All Day (7:00 am-4:00 pm).
- Merchandise Sales: Shifts vary in length from 4-6 hours; 7:30 am-8:30 pm.
- Victory Dance: Set up, games/activity attendants and chaperones, clean up. Shifts are approximately 3-4 hours; 3:30-11:00 pm.
- Volunteer Check-In: Assist with check-in, t-shirt distribution, and general information. Shifts vary in length from 4-6 hours; 6:30 am-9:30 pm.
- Support Services: Crossing guards, parking control, passenger drop off assistance. Shifts approximately 5 hours; 6:30 am-5:00 pm.
Sunday, June 11
- Athletics (Track & Field): Marshals and Field events most in need. Times vary by role but approximately AM (6:30-11:30 am), PM (11:00 am-3:00 pm), or All Day (6:30 am-3:00 pm).
- Merchandise Sales: Shift 7:30 am-2:00 pm, includes tear down.
- Volunteer Check-In: Assist with check-in, t-shirt distribution, and general information. Shift 6:30 am-12:00 pm.
- Support Services: Crossing guards, parking control, passenger drop off assistance. Shift 6:30 am-3:00 pm.
- Support Services: Help with event tear down at PLU. High physical activity from 1:00-6:00 pm
We are also still looking for volunteers with medical backgrounds. To register, please visit https://forms.office.com/r/diz4dBWHfb.
Unified Sports joins people with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities on the same team, of similar age and ability, which makes practices more fun and games more challenging and exciting for all.
- Saturday, May 27: Unified High School Soccer State Championship (Puyallup) Limited shifts available
- Register to volunteer here: https://2023unifiedsoccerstatechamp.my-trs.com/
Healthy Athletes and Health Initiatives
Great opportunities for medical professionals and students!
- Saturday, June 10: Healthy Athletes at State Spring Games (PLU, Tacoma)
Register to volunteer – click here: https://2023springgameshealthyathletes.my-trs.com/
Summer Season Volunteer Opportunities: Save the Date!
More information including registration links will be coming soon for the following volunteer opportunities:
- Saturday, July 29: SW Region Softball & Bocce Competitions (Olympia)
- Saturday, July 29: East Region Softball & Bocce Competitions (Tri-Cities)
- Saturday, August 5: NW Region Softball & Bocce Competitions (Everett)
- Sunday, August 6: SW Region Golf Competition (Tacoma)
- Sunday, August 6: East Region Golf Competition (Spokane)
- Sunday, August 6: NW Region Golf Competition (Burlington)